March 6, 2011

First Post

Well, this is my first day as a blogger.  If you have read my info I absolutely love running.  I am very talented at it, although my times do not reflect that due to my injuries.  However, my injuries have enhanced my passion for running and in my time off I have read a lot about running and learned a lot so I will try to share my information with you all.  I hope to be a good source of information for you.  I also would like to be a good source of entertainment. My information will not always helps your running, but it will be interesting. Which leads to my first blog:


The marathon is the ultimate distance challenge for runners, 26.2 miles of non-stop running.  Bob Hall has found a love in this event and is aiming to run a marathon in all 50 states.  He has 45/50 so far.  This story is crazy, he obviously has a passion for running.  My goal has always been to run a marathon in my life...but he is going to run 50+ with respectable times around 3:40!  My personal opinion is that this guy is insane.  He may love running, but running that much cannot possibly be healthy for him.  I know what over training does to a body... I pulled my hamstring as a result of it.  And the pulled hamstring led to my knee cap coming out of alignment, requiring surgery.  Evem if he remains in good health now, he is sure to have knee problems later in life.  But his heart and lungs will definitely be in great condition, which may be all that matters to him.  I personally would not go as crazy as this guy, but that's just me.  I would love to hear what you guys have to say.  Also please give me feedback on how to improve my blogs, I'm new at this.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/marathon-41779-boston-race.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I am also just starting a similar blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool,cool. we should help each other out!

    ReplyDelete